Sunday, December 16, 2007

New Hope

Man,woman,gay,straight,tourist,biker,pusher,junkie,freak.
All come to New Hope
New Hope
I lived there briefly myself
After my divorce
It seemed like the logical place to start
Or at least start again.
I worked there for a time
Serving drinks to vacant eyes
Everybody loves New Hope
New Hope
There was lots of laughter,lots of smoke,
Lots of tears, and craziness of all varieties.
All seems to wash away into one swirling pool.
The one that stands out
is the local man
who hung himself off the bridge to Lambertville
that cold December morning
with the bright, white, lights
that outline New Hope
New Hope

I've moved on.
But returning is a strange ghost.
And as I walk on the road out of town
A car approaches
the window down
"say, can you tell me how to get to New Hope?"
With a winking grin I say
"Dead ahead"
Though I know there's no such place.

copyright thomas ewing 2007

4 comments:

Darth_Harbison said...

Hey Uncle Tom! Congratulations on setting up your blog, I'm excited to read it . . .

I love the logo, incidentally.

AJ Harbison said...

I love this one--the ending is great.

Are you going to post some of your old classic poems? I hereby put in requests for the skating one that Mom likes and the divorce poem (three lines per stanza, if I recall--I don't remember what it's called).

AJ
<><

Flying Penguins said...

Thanks guys. Your support means a lot since this is a totally new venture for me. I would greatly appreciate any advice or support. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Ok so in agrreance with my cousins I LOVE your blog and all the stuff on it thus far. I always love your stuff though. I like TOnya's book you should post more of it. It's interesting. Makes me think of my own crazy child and life:) Though obviously your life is insane with 5! MAybe in the future...:)
Ok so you now must check out my website. Though no where near as exciting as all of your post, I happen to like it. This is the link: http://rosebladez.tripod.com
I have no idea how to make sure that is a link so you may have to copy and paste it into the URL sorry:) Now when you go to my website make sure you click on all links! For example in the literature section you can take a tour through the power point. then go back to the literature section and look at beowul, sir gawain and more. In my Shakespeare section click on the link for a cyberinqury and read through that and then click on the link for a web quest on imitation adn that is a seperate site i made on doing a web quest on Shakespeare. On all my other pages be sure to check for links to other spots within my site!
Miss you all and I wish you could come out for my wedding!
Talk to you soon
~Nicole~