Sunday, December 16, 2007

Deserve

And I'm tired of all these angry women
Unholy martyrs, would-be saints
talkin 'bout the better they deserve

"It isn't right, it isn't fair"
so nothing is, but they don't care
keep talking thru some angry tears
'bout some hurt they've kept alive for years
All the hurt
All the shame
Who's at fault
Who's to blame
The bastard husbands, greedy lawyers,
former friends, lousy lovers
Same old story, same stupid game
But ya'know not one of us are free from blame
not one of us is ever free from blame

And we
get
exactly
what we
deserve

So you cut me
and I hurt you
And we're not real sure on what to do
It's so fucked up, but fucked by who?
From where I stand, I think it's you
But you're with me and I'm with you
So I guess that makes me fucked up too

And I can see
That we
Are exactly
What we
Deserve

copyright thomas ewing 2007

1 comment:

AJ Harbison said...

I like this one too. It seems you do equally well at rhymed and freestyle poems. This one sounds more to me like a song lyric as opposed to a poem, in its rhythm and structure--maybe someone will make it a song someday. ;)

AJ
<><

P.S. I gave you a shout-out in my latest blog post, check it out: The Matrix Has You