Sunday, December 16, 2007

Following Anne

Tired, tired of rowing
rowing
Waiting and then waiting
to begin

"To turn off computer
click Shut-down then
hit O.K."

And what do you do
When the words no longer hold?
And the skeleton is stripped
To the bone?

I am not the plastic bag
that dances in the wind
I am the blackened peel
that just lay.

And we try and find the beauty
that is never there
so we change our illusions
and create it for ourselves.

I can't find the address either Anne
And we're lost on the same road

So much holding out, so much holding in
While always waiting, waiting to begin.

copyright thomas ewing 2007

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is my first comment on any blog, so please know that you are special. I am so glad you are finally getting your writing out to a wider audience than Tonya and your family. Thanks to Team America for making the suggestion and for Tonya for helping you to follow through. The last 2 poems are ones I don't remember reading before. When did you write Following Anne? Not recently, I hope. I'm looking forward to seeing both old and new material here and I hope you keep it up. I'll have to talk to that "wonderful wife" :))

Mike Morabito said...

Tom, I am so glad to see that you have started a blog! That is awesome!

It was so great to meet you and your family.

I loved this poem.

All the best,
-Mike Morabito

Lauren Bishop-Weidner said...

I love Anne, and I love "Rowing", and I love "American Beauty" and the other allusions and illusions here:) Sorry to be flip, but this is like my 482nd comment on your poetry, and my edge is a bit dull. I'll come back to it, though, sometime. Maybe when you start dissecting my work? (Or should that be "worms"?)